Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A word for me today - Counterfeit

1 Corinthians 13

 1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.


My heart is very tender. Although most of the time I have great joy in what God is teaching me about a Godly relationship, there is a small part of me that still flinches from a recent hurt. Actually, if I allowed myself to think of the  severity of the blow dealt I am very sure I'd be deeply entrenched in sorrow. But, I am more confident in who I am now then I used to be and if the blow was meant to cripple me it hasn't. Neither the power of a spiritual enemy or the bitterness of a man's heart or both has prevented God from strengthening me even more.


God has allowed me to feel the value of who I am and revealed the importance of having a good and tender heart. My feelings are genuine and I refuse to hide them, deny them, or be ashamed of them. I'm emboldened actually because the Lord has filled me with His love and peace. 


The word counterfeit has played in my head today because I question my wisdom and ask for God's discernment in navigating my feelings. A great way to be deceived when you have a tender heart is to insist on looking past the fault or shortcomings of the person you think you love. What a person perceives as real gives them hope but when they seek the truth they sometimes find deception. Our spiritual enemy is a master at counterfeiting. We allow the enemy to use us to debase and devalue the act of loving or the counterfeit act which revealed is simply the spirit of lust. 


How sad and how it must grieve the Lord's heart to see his children misuse love and intimacy. I've never had a truly deep, Godly relationship with a man and I am sad for not knowing the unbridled joy God intended for me to have instead of a counterfeit of His intentions. 


God's love is real and I am thankful for the safety and shelter it has provided for me. I praise Him for His mercy and love and for my tender heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment