Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Monday, March 14, 2011

A revelation: Courtship

This Saturday my daughter insisted on going to the parent and teen meeting held at our friends church once a month. This is the first year Kylie was old enough to be a participant. The topic was about relationships and to be specific relationships between two people of the opposite gender.

As I sat through this meeting I wondered why my mother never explained things and ministered to me about the dynamics of relationships before marriage.  Why weren't we associated with a church where I might of met a good Christian man in my early life.

The blessing for me now though is to have Kylie front row and center and supported by a Christian peer group. We were privileged to hear from a young couple recently married in the church and they shared their courtship with the congregation at the meeting. What a wonderful story!

The process was slow and the young man went to their parents first. They limited their relationship to first phone calls mainly, later seeing each other in a group, and eventually one day a week together. They vowed not to talk about love or have physical contact at all. They wanted to make sure they would be right for each other for the rest of their lives so the marriage would last.

Since my daughter has been home schooled she has shared many situations she encountered at her old school of boys being in appropriate and even seeing make outs in the halls. I can thank God that she is now home away from these influences and has time to mature while being around young men and women who have given their lives to Christ and whose parents support proper courtship and marriage.

I who have not been holy in my past relationships and have not honored myself, my body, or the Lord has asked for my daughter's forgiveness so she may know that I was wrong and I have pledged to help her do what is right.  I'm able to pray that when she becomes a grown women she will have courtship and a wonderful Christian husband and family.

When we live our lives with other things besides our walk with the Father we fall pray to sin and the world and we send our children into the world unprepared and unprotected. When we make our job, our passions and hobbies, other people a priority over our relationship with the Lord we abandon our duties as parents. There isn't enough money, horses, pets, material items or anything of this world that should be aloud to stand between me, the Lord, and the welfare of my child and her future.

A generational curse was at work in my life and her fathers. Thank you Jesus for helping me see this and ask for deliverance. You Lord, have not left me in my sins but delivered me and shown us the way. Kylie is blessed by having You as her father to lead her and guide her. Thank you for the joy You have given me in the security of knowing my child is in Your hands and safe.


All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children: When we are afflicted, tossed, and not comforted, we feel bad not just for ourselves, but also for our children. God gives precious assurance not only for us, but also quiets our fears for our children. Isaiah 54:13

No comments:

Post a Comment