Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thinking about Lazarus

John 11:40

Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? 


I sometimes look at things from different angles when I work in the barn and I talk to God. Today while going about doing my various chores I thought about the changes in my heart recently that God has brought about. I thought about how He can change a person's heart and how we pray for a loved one's heart thinking it will take years or it may futile to pray for them at all.  


I had a picture come to mind and it was of Jesus bringing forth Lazarus from the grave. When we think of death in the physical sense it is of a decomposing body, rot, and odor (prior to the embalming). A dead body is something obviously you would want to avoid touching or coming into contact with at all. I kind of think that is what happens to a person when they are deep in sin. The person's spirit and soul begin to break down and decompose until it becomes very undesirable to the living persons around them. 


What I just described is really morbid and depressing to be sure but then the Lord reminded me of Lazarus. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and brought him forth. This particular story for me is very encouraging because the Lord can and will deliver hearts from sin. It isn't hopeless to pray for someone no matter how deeply they are entangled in sin. They may be spiritually dead and their heart may be like stone but I don't put my faith in the person but in the Lord and He can do all things. 







No comments:

Post a Comment