Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Internal dialogs

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10)


I can't stress enough that words have the power to destroy or bless a person. Children develop an internal dialog from the words that come from the most important people in their environment and they internalize what they hear both positive and negative.  While writing this, I can a picture a spear that is able to penetrate deeper depending on how sharp (negative) it is when it's being hurled at someone.  


Tendencies to praise or criticize transfers from one generation to the next unless something happens to change the pattern. The person's peace or the burden of rejection can be an inheritance we pass to our children. Some examples of what I heard as a child are as follows:


Your parents didn't want you and by the looks of things no one else will either. 
Your parents were crazy and whores don't be like them.
If you can't behave I'll take you to your father and leave you and you will never see me again. 
What is wrong with you. 
Look for all I have done for you and you are so ungrateful, you were pathetic and I saved you. 
You were the ugliest baby I've ever seen.
You will never amount to anything.
If abortion would have been legal you wouldn't be here.


Some things I've heard parents say about or to their kids:


He or she isn't the brightest tool in the shed.
He can't accomplish this it's too hard and he or she doesn't know what they are doing. 
Let me you'll just break it. 
You are just like your mother, father or so and so. 


I think I've painted somewhat of a picture that people can relate to here. Internal dialogs start out this way and the record plays inside  a person perhaps their whole life. I am sure it wouldn't surprise anyone after reading the above comments that my mind tells me regularly that I don't belong, I am not worthy of love or respect, why am I even here etc. 


The distorted internal dialog acts as a thief that steals our peace, happiness, success, and relationships with the Father and with the people around us. Each one of these messages I've asked God to release me from as if they were a link in the chain that has bound my soul. He has answered my prayer and lifted this from me internally and externally. What you ultimately think about yourself can affect how other people see you and you will drag the spirit of hurt and rejection around with you and eventually it will become a self fulfilling  prophecy. 


I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) Let the Lord remove the thief that steals our thoughts and blessings and allow Him to fill the empty space with His love, approval, and spirit for all to see and to rejoice with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment