Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Adam? To good not to share.

1 Corinthians 15:45
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 



I never really hung onto the story of Adam and Eve because as a woman I have always felt that Eve really bore the brunt and the blame for the whole thing.


The Lord has revealed the importance of this story to me from many different sources. One thing that stands out is that Eve was deceived but Adam knew it was against the commandment of the Lord and willingly chose to disobey. That sounds like blame but really the serpent, Eve and Adam were all judged but for their own individual issues. 


The Lord has been teaching me through this whole new concept about men and spiritual leadership.  Adam should have said no and he should have led Eve and taken up his role of a spiritual leader who seeks out the will of God in his life and the life of his wife and later his children. 


Blaming others for your short comings, sins, mistakes or whatever is outside the will of God and never brings healing. Instead, it perpetuates the work of the serpent which is deliberate. Everyone makes mistakes but taking responsibility for our part is the right thing to do and the Bible says so!


I now know that my feelings of desire to be physically close to a man, to be loved, and protected is what God would have me feel as He created me that way. Why then has this part of my life been so difficult? Well, because I never asked God for the man that loves the Lord first and is a spiritual leader a man must be in order to fulfill his part of the relationship. 


The Lord is preparing me for just such a man now. I am a good lover, caregiver, and nurturer. I've lived my life mostly very independently and been passionate about the interests and jobs I've pursued. I have my daughter who I love very much. But (and there is always a but) my heart now longs for a companion and a protector, a spiritual leader who will share my life and my relationship with the Lord.  


Only when I am with the Adam the Lord will provide will their be true joy in a marriage relationship. Nothing will compare to the promise the Lord has made to men and women who love Him and each other as God would have had them do. I know God is preparing me for a Godly relationship and with each day my heart fills with more joy.


How do I know this is so? Because, my heart is filled with pure love, I do not feel bitter, I am not angry, and I know these things are from the Lord. I know that I love the Lord so much that I don't want a relationship with anyone that I can't share that with or that would cause me to separate from my walk with the Lord. I also know that my joy is from knowing that I will be able to have a partner that will share in my walk with the Lord. How awesome is that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment