Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The wilderness lessons

Psalm 107



35He turneth the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings.
 36And there he maketh the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation;
 37And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase.
 38He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease.
 39Again, they are minished and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow.
 40He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way.
 41Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock.
 42The righteous shall see it, and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth.
 43Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.



The Hebrews that came out of Egypt weren't the sames ones to enter into the promised land. Most know the story of 40 years in the wilderness, basically they all died and it was a new generation that crossed over to receive the fulfillment of God's promises.  


I know we all experience the wilderness years where we are tried and tested. We must learn the lesson of receiving manna each day. The manna comes each day and lasts only for that day and it cannot be used again. The next day the Lord provides new manna. What a faith builder but it also teaches us to let go of control and worry and let God provide for our needs. 


I always used to work hard to take care of us and have a regular income. I still struggled but I had a sense of security in my own ability to provide for us which only meant I needed God less. Now it is more God than me but in a sense I am freer now and happier just believing. Yes, I can also be gripped in fear sometimes but with each day that passes it gets easier as God just provides in the most interesting ways.


Part of the wilderness experience is experiencing death.  Parts of my inner self and heart have had to die in order for both to be pruned and made ready for something new. That is the way God works, a seed must die and be planted in order for it to germinate and grow into something beautiful. God is slowly turning me away from old things towards what He has planned for me. 


I must learn to trust God more, to allow myself to feel secure in His care, to love Him and to seek Him with my renewed heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment