Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Maturing


1 Peter 2

 1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.


This is a tough one. I know God is working on me about this. Even when I try not to drag in thoughts about old feelings I still feel a tinge of malice. I guess that's why I need God. If I could overcome myself every moment it wouldn't be necessary to pray and work through things with Him. 


I have grown over the years emotionally which hasn't been easy since I didn't have really good role models but Jesus was the absolute best at loving and forgiving people who hurt Him or others. 


Each time I feel a negative feeling about someone I read a scripture or pray or just remember that God loves us all very much. Negative feelings not only hurt the people around me but they hurt me especially because bitterness and anger don't come from the Lord. I want Kylie to be free of hurt, resentment and the feelings of rejection. I know she watches me closely and how I express my feelings will influence her. 


I know Kylie loves me very much and I love her, I want her to have a better life than I did. When she is grown I want her to have faith, empathy, self esteem and walk closely with the Lord. If for no other reason I must master the spiritual maturity to lead her and guide her. 


Children have no choice in parents when they are born into this world and we as parents have an obligation to teach by example but to walk the path with them. I've sinned plenty in my life and I probably will again except repentance and forgiveness are there for me and I've shared this with Kylie. I do have an obligation to set the best example that I can for Kylie and it demands maturing spiritually. 


You can't mature spiritually if you harbor negative emotions towards others or yourself but only when you can take the responsibility for your actions and learn to forgive and pray for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment