Pray for those you love

This blog is for the women who have loved ones they are willing to stand in the gap for in front of the Almighty.

Pray for the Lord's will and not your own. Pray for protection. Pray for the life of someone you love to be changed and transformed into what the Lord would have for that person.

Share your prayer requests!

Praise God for all the Women Prayer Warriors!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Allowing anger to take root or not

I am fighting a powerful enemy and it's name is anger. I should be angry, very angry for being used, deceived and marginalized and my burden increased more than before. It all starts with love, the deeper the love the more potential for hurt. The deeper the love the more severe the wound and the intensity of the pain and disappointment.

When love cools it leaves a void which begins to fill with anger and then hate. The kind of hate that burns to the point that you don't even want to acknowledge a name. You never want to see the face or hear the voice again. Their is no point in revenge because a life lays in waste by the destruction of selfishness, in fact, several lives lay waste by the same actions repeated over again and again.

What then can I do? Nothing. I truly would be consumed in anger totally, I would have given up long ago and allowed myself to be completely destroyed by hate and bitterness as so many others before but I am fighting instead. I am fighting within myself and asking God to fill the void with something other than anger and hate. Sin is destructive and it has caused enough suffering already, I don't want to hand  my life over to more of the same.

That is why prayer and God are so important, to heal and to take something ugly and painful and make it beautiful in some way. Only God can transform and take something from nothing and make something so wonderful that it is glorious.





No comments:

Post a Comment